Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday – November 3

Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. 
–Psalm 100:4

Finding the good, even in the small things, not only acknowledges that they exist, but that they are a gift. We live in a time when everything is taken for granted or is expected. And, when we don’t get what we think we should, we suffer depression, anxiety, or act out like a spoiled child not getting his/her way. Giving thanks in all things, for all things, is not just a good idea; it’s good for us – mind, body, and soul. So, give thanks with a grateful heart and reap the rewards that await you.

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. 
–Proverbs 17:22

Photo by Tami Collins


Today I am thankful for:
  • The rain after a long, dry summer
  • Woodsheds full of dry wood for the winter ahead
  • A roof over my head, food on my table, and gas in my well-running car
  • Sweet, thoughtful friends
  • Being woke up with doggy kisses and kitty snuggles
  • Praise and worship music
  • My sister

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. So sweet, my friend. I, too, am thankful.....for a husband who loves me...for the chickens scratching around outside...the the rain giving new life to my garden and lawn...for the safety and comfort of "home," and the peace of knowing the Lord :) Much love to you - have a safe, great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Hope to see you again soon!